2. Matt lipticks are great for longevity but can be quite ageing. Lipsticks with a sheer finish tend to be more flattering.
My favourites are
- Matt reds - Illamasquas Maneater and Shu Umera 165.
- Sheer reds - Laura Merciers Truly red and Urban Decays Revolution.
4. Paling down the lips first with a bit of lip primer/concealer makes it easier to be more precise.
5. Once you've finished the first coat, blot with tissue and add another coat.
6. A great tip to make sure your lips are even - Hold a small mirror below your chin at an angle and you will be able to see more easily if areas need filling out.
7. For those less brave who want a more subtle look just dab a small amount of lipstick on top of some lip balm and gently rub it in with your finger.