Friday 24 June 2011

Top Tips for Tanning


These are obvious steps to applying fake tan, but each step must be done to perfection to ensure a streak free glow.
1. Exfoliate - Use a body buffing brush or glove and an exfoliator with granules to scrub away the dead skin cells.
2. Make sure your skin is well moisturised, but also that the moisture has been fully absorbed by the skin before you apply your tan. Don't use oils as they sit on the skin for too long.
3. The reason you get streaks is either due to lack of exfoliation, or that you have not applied enough tanning product. My favourite is St tropez bronzing mousse.I pump out about four or five pumps for just one calf. http://www.feelunique.com/p/St-Tropez-Self-Tan-Bronzing-Mousse-120ml 
4. If you are using a tanning product on your face, a spray works best as it avoids streaks and finger marks. For darker skin I love ModelCo spray tan. I use it to top up my tan at the end of the summer.
http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/shop+by+brand/model+co/200006962+tan+airbrush+in+a+can+jet+set.do
 5. On shoots when models need to be instantly tanned I like to use Laura Mercier bronzing gel for the face with thier cult bronzer Laguna. http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/shop+by+brand/laura+mercier/200006960+body+bronzing+makeup.
For the body Rimmels sun shimmer is also great for an instant glow.
6. Be careful not to over do it!!!! ( a very commom mistake!!!) On the face it's best to have a flawless application of foundation with a touch of bronzer; unless of course you're auditioning for the next series of The only way is Essex!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I guess fake tanning always scares me because of that dreaded 'orange' skin that has become so infamous! While I still prefer tanning bulbs, these tips don't seem too hard to follow. Maybe this winter I will brave the venture. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a commercial tanning bed will give you a more beautiful, long lasting tan!

    ReplyDelete